So today is the first day of "My World" as told by me :)
I was reading a blog written by girl in greenwood and felt inspired to compose my own blog, so here I am, writing my very own blog. I am a pretty complicated person and there is so much about me that I do not share with anyone. Even though most people that know me wouldn't say that I am a private person, the truth is that I am a rather private person when it comes to the real me. There is so much about me that I keep in the closet - there are so many aspects of my life that do not fit with the idea that I have for myself and yet, here I am writing a blog about my whole world. I am a little torn here because there is so much of my life that is private but then again I want to have an outlet for my thoughts and be able to be open about all things but then I think - what if someone I know reads this and find out about something that I wanted noone to know about ever. Oh the choices that must be made when blogging. Oh well, for now I will just ease into things and feel my way through and I'll just share alittle bit about me and my world.
I would like to think that I am an avid scrapbooker but the truth is that I have mounds and mounds of scrapbooking supplies but have yet to compile my first album yet. I guess I am a scrapbooking supplies collector more than a scrapbooker. But not to fret I plan to start using those supplies soon. I recently signed on as a Stampin Up demonstrator mostly for the intial 30% off - I just spent about six hundred dollars (total when I included the s&h) to save around two hundred.
I lost my job about a month and a half ago and so I am back out there in the job hunters jungle. Its kinda sad and depressing to be unemployed AGAIN!!! What a total loser I am - 30 with three children and unemployed with nothing real to offer the world. Oh well, I figured I would try the military again. I tried to enroll in the army twelve years ago but I couldn't pass that darn medical exam - I have scoleosis which prevented me from getting in. So I went to see the army recruiter but then I thought - why not go for my dream of getting in the Air Force? Well the Air Force's age limit for enlisted is 27 and I am 30 so I'm going to try the officer option. Apparently enrolling in the AF with this option is quite competitive and lengthy - the virtual recruiter says the process is about 2 years long. So I've started the process. About two weeks ago I took the AFOQT and will probably call the recruiter to follow up on how I did sometime this week. I am not confident that I did not do well. The test is not difficult so much as it is challenging. They give you five thousand questions and ask you to complete them in five minutes... okay so not five thousand questions but they do give a huge amont a questions and a relatively short time to complete them. There is a portion about aviation that is pretty challenging too - it was like nothing I had ever seen before. I figured I would use this test date to become acquainted with the test format and then retake it in August (since it can only be taken 2x and you must wait six months). This way I know what to expect and I have time to prepare. I must admit that I am not truely optimistic about my prospects of getting in because my college GPA is not high and I am not sure about how well I will do on the AFOQT even after the second try. So I will probably call the army recruiter again soon but I need to figure out the difference in going in as an officer vs going in enlisted. The recruiter really hyped up the enlisted option when I spoke with him first and there is not alot to learn online - or at least I haven't found anything useful in helping me make the decision.
I have been thinking about pursing an RN for a long time. I first started considering this about a year and a half ago when I lost a different job. I was working with the worker retraining program coordinator at SCCC and we were looking at my options. She told me about a nursing immersion program at SU and I was mesmorized - this was the program for me. The only thing is that the program is competitive with like a million people applying for only like 30 positions each year and truth be told I am not a competitive applicant. My grades are mediocre and thats what matters. I looked into other nursing programs - like the RN options too. I always wanted to be a doctor but had abandoned that dream when I got married years ago and I found it again when I got a divorce but since then the dream has died and been burried but the nurse practitioner option is the next best thing so I started working on the prerequisites for the program. I figured I would just have to perservere my way into a program. I do not have what it takes to get good grades at this point in my life because school has to be secondary - my children have to be first and being a mommy is soooo much work sometimes. Sometimes, I truely believe my son has made it his primary goal to drive me crazy.
My first step is going to be getting a CNA license ( I took the CNA training about 10 years ago when I was pregnant with my son but never took the licensing exam) so I can get some experience and then I entend to send out applications to all the RN programs within 50 miles. Hopefully someone will take me. I'm also planning to send my application off to take the surgical technologist certification exam - I took the course about six years ago so I expect the exam will be challenging. I am going to have to study study study. I will hopefully sit for that exam in May or June. I am an instant gratification kinda person and found a CNA school that offers the course in 3 weeks. I was going to try them but I found some negative feedback online about the school so I am having second thoughts. I will probably go with them anyways because I think I've got a relatively good grasp on the concepts and don't remember anything in the course being foreign or difficult when I took the course before. I will keep ya posted on that issue as I decide what I want to do. For right now I need to fax some papers and makes some phone calls before I go to a worker retraining orientation at 2. So until next time, its been real.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment